Translate

Patreon

Patreon
Help Support Game Development!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Filling out the Bandit Camp

This area is technically an optional area, but I'm going to try to see how much of it I can get done today.

Once I've run out of ideas to stuff into it, I'll go ahead and continue working on the Chapel Dungeon.



Sitting down with my design documents, it's easy to understand the purpose of each location I create. However, I still have to work to fill out the details of each location as it comes up. My design documents are a lot like a thumbnail sketch, each one accurately describing the story purposes, aesthetic, and overall reason to have each location. This approach is very flexible, allowing me to add or remove content as necessary as I advance, but it means I still make the bulk of content when I actually sit down to create a new area.

I'll have to sit down and give a full post on how I do my design documents at some point, but for now, I'm going to get back to work.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to that :-) Btw, have you read the comments at: http://overwhored.blogspot.com/2012/12/art-and-cost-of-art-here-is-current.html ? Anything to say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've read them. The comments have let me make up my mind. I'll add a method for donation as soon as I figure out how.

      I'll make a full post out of it once I get it set up.

      Delete
    2. Great to hear that :-) PayPal seems like the option of choice, for many reasons.

      Delete